Jackson, TN Truck Accident Lawyer
Experienced 18-Wheeler Crash Attorneys Serving Jackson
Have you been injured by a commercial vehicle or tractor trailer? The Jackson truck accident lawyers at Nahon, Saharovich & Trotz are here to help. It is important to hire a law firm that has the manpower and resources needed to aggressively pursue damages for an accident caused by the negligence of a truck driver. Our attorneys understand the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations that govern trucking accidents and have obtained over $1.5 billion in settlements and verdicts for our clients. Due to the size and enormous weight of 18 wheelers, trucking accidents often result in catastrophic damages and injuries. These wrecks can lead to loss of limb, paralysis, traumatic brain injuries, burns, or death.
Many times, trucking accidents are caused by the negligence or inattentiveness of the truck driver. Driver negligence can be the result of distracted driving, driving while fatigued, speeding, failing to yield or stop, or following too closely. Additionally, on top of looking into the driver’s negligence, an experienced truck accident lawyer in the Jackson area will investigate the employer as well. FMCSA regulations have strict guidelines employers must follow when hiring and supervising their drivers. For instance, detailed background checks must be conducted on each driver to ensure they are competent to operate an 18-wheeler. If it is found that the driver has been involved in several accidents or that he has a history of driving under the influence, the employer could be found responsible as a result of negligent hiring. This would be an example of a trucking company potentially being directly liable for your damages. Moreover, our attorneys can investigate if the employer forced the driver to violate any FMCSA regulations such as improper loading, driving over the maximum amount of hours allowed without proper rest breaks, or driving a vehicle that was unsafe for operation.
How the Jackson Truck Accident Attorneys at Nahon, Saharovich & Trotz Can Help You
There are many steps that a law firm can take to protect your legal rights if you have been hurt in a big rig crash.
- Promptly notifying the trucking company and demanding they preserve all evidence relating to the accident. Evidence may include the trucker’s daily logs, all maintenance and repairs prior to and after the accident, black box data, and dash cam videos. If a trucking company intentionally destroys evidence, a claim for spoliation of evidence may be asserted.
- Conducting a thorough investigation of the accident by interviewing all witnesses, visiting the scene to take pictures, determining if an accident reconstruction expert is necessary, identifying all parties involved, and locating all insurance policies connected with the parties involved.
- Working to obtain all of your medical records and bills and hiring necessary experts needed to prove your damages.
- Negotiating on your behalf with the trucking companies or auto insurance companies responsible for your damages.
- Preparing your case by working to resolve the case as expeditiously as possible while obtaining the results you and your family deserve. While our firm prepares every case as if it may go to trial, many cases are able to be resolved before trial because of detailed planning and investigation on the front end. If, however, the case does go to trial, our attorneys will zealously fight for you in the courtroom.
Retain a Lawyer for Your Truck Accident Case Today
Not all personal injury attorneys are familiar with the regulations governing the trucking industry and the process of gathering evidence in these complex cases. It is important to secure legal representation from attorneys who have experience in this area of the law. If you have been struck by a careless commercial driver in the Jackson area, the truck accident attorneys at Nahon, Saharovich & Trotz can evaluate your case and devise a strategy to pursue damages to which you are legally entitled. Our firm has over 30 attorneys and more than 100 staff members, serving people in Memphis, Nashville, Knoxville, Chattanooga, Jonesboro, Little Rock, Jackson, Meridian, Tupelo, Columbus, Grenada, Starkville, Oxford, Hayti, and Caruthersville, as well as other communities in Tennessee, Arkansas, Mississippi, Missouri, and Kentucky. Contact our office toll-free by calling 800-529-4004 or by completing our online form to set up a free consultation with a motor vehicle collision attorney. With all of our resources and experience at your disposal, NST is the way to go.