Jonesboro Car Accident Lawyers

Jonesboro Car Accident Lawyer

Motor Vehicle Collision Lawyers Serving the Jonesboro Area

The Jonesboro car accident attorneys at Nahon, Saharovich & Trotz want to ensure that injured parties are properly compensated when they suffer injuries as a result of a collision caused by a negligent driver. If you have sustained injuries in a car wreck, call our office today to discuss your case. Our attorneys have obtained more than $1.5 billion in recovery for our clients through settlements, judgments, and jury verdicts, and we have an office conveniently located in Jonesboro to serve your legal needs. Our lawyers also represent people who have been hurt in truck crashes in Arkansas.

Car accident banner
Recovering Compensation for a Car Accident in Jonesboro

Car accidents occur in Jonesboro and Craighead County on a daily basis. In 2014, for example, a total of 2,613 motor vehicle accidents were reported in the city of Jonesboro. More than 660 of those crashes involved injuries, with over 1,000 persons reporting injuries following their accidents. Six of those crashes resulted in fatalities. According to state traffic crash statistics, careless or prohibited driving is the most common contributing factor in Arkansas crashes. Failure to yield comes in second, with following too closely and speeding coming in third and fourth, respectively. Improper lane changing rounds out the top five contributing factors in Arkansas car wrecks.

Most car accidents involve negligence, which is when a driver fails to act safely or reasonably under the circumstances. Examples are drivers following too closely, drivers failing to properly yield to other drivers and vehicles, and drivers being inattentive and not paying proper attention to the road and other vehicles. In some instances, drivers are under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or texting and driving. As a result, motor vehicle crashes with injuries are all too common. Our Jonesboro lawyers can help car accident victims assert their rights in this situation.

Proving which driver was at fault after a car accident can be tricky, depending on the facts of the case. If a driver admits to fault to the responding police officer, then his or her insurance company may accept responsibility without much hassle. However, often times a driver will point fingers at another driver or deny fault altogether. If the defendant denies responsibility for the accident, then his or her insurance may deny the claim, unless the claimant can provide evidence to prove fault. The police report can be a helpful tool, particularly if a driver was issued a citation was issued such as a failure to exercise due care, driving over the speed limit, failure to obey traffic control signals, or the like.

What if no citations were issued? Then eyewitness testimony can be crucial. It is important to speak with witnesses and obtain their recollection of the accident as quickly as possible while the details of the accident are still fresh on their minds. Video footage can also be obtained in many cases. In some instances, nearby businesses may have surveillance cameras that captured the collision, or perhaps there is a traffic camera at an intersection that will provide video footage of the accident. Scene photos are also helpful in depicting the placement of the vehicles after the collision, as well as documenting property damage.

What forms of compensation am I entitled to after a wreck? That is a common question asked by Jonesboro car accident victims. Arkansas law allows for compensatory damages, designed to make a victim “whole.” Compensatory damages can be broken down into economic and non-economic damages. Economic damages include hospital bills, cost of medical treatment, lost wages, and other out of pocket expenses caused by the other driver’s negligence. Non-economic losses cover pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, and emotional distress. In Jonesboro, our auto accident attorneys work hard to help clients document all forms of damages to which they may be entitled.

Jonesboro Car Accident FAQs

What should I do after a car accident in Jonesboro?

After a car accident in Jonesboro, you should look out for the safety of yourself and any passengers. After assessing the situation, you may want to call 911 so that the Jonesboro Police Department can respond to the scene of the accident. It is against the law to leave the scene of an accident. Depending on the severity of the injuries, an ambulance or the Jonesboro Fire Department may also need to respond to the scene. Reporting the car accident to the police department will create a record of the event and likely peace of mind for you. The police will gather all of the necessary information from all parties and compose a report that is typically accessible in a few business days. A police report provides an independent account of the auto accident and may be beneficial to your case down the line.

What can I be compensated for after a Jonesboro car accident?

After a Jonesboro car accident, you can be compensated for your losses and out of pocket expenses. In Arkansas, injured victims may recover both economic and non-economic damages. If the other driver was drunk, you could get punitive damages. Economic damages would include out of pocket expenses such as your medical bills. If your medical provider determined that your injuries were severe enough to take you off of work for some time, you may have lost wages or loss of income. Lost wages are also considered economic damages under Arkansas law. Non-economic damages, on the other hand, include pain and suffering and loss of enjoyment of life that you may experience as a result of an auto accident caused by a negligent driver. In Jonesboro, our car accident attorneys work hard to analyze all possible sources of recovery for clients.

Do I need an attorney for my auto accident case?

In a car accident case, an experienced Arkansas lawyer should have specialized expertise in the area of personal injury, specifically auto accidents. Having an experienced Jonesboro attorney would benefit you in the development and execution of your car wreck case. Certain cases, like fatal car accidents, require extra attention, skill, and development. At Nahon, Saharovich & Trotz, our attorneys are trained to seek maximum compensation for our clients and pursue all avenues of recovery, which could include automobile insurance or a product liability claim. If your case does not settle out of court, look for a law firm with the resources to file a lawsuit in court to fight for you in litigation. It is best to have someone knowledgeable of legal proceedings and that law surrounding auto accidents to help guide you through the process. Our lawyers handle accident cases on a contingency fee basis where the attorney fee is paid when there is a settlement, judgment or verdict. Thus, there is no upfront cost to hire our law firm.

Discuss Your Case with a Jonesboro Car Accident Lawyer

If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident, you need to act immediately. Our lawyers have been handling personal injury cases for more than 30 years, and we will work quickly to gather the evidence necessary to prove your case. We have more than 30 attorneys and over 100 staff members to assist in interviewing witnesses, documenting the accident scene, and taking other steps necessary to preserve the evidence needed to win your case. If you have been hit in the Jonesboro area, including cities like Trumann, Newport, Paragould, or Harrisburg, call our car accident attorneys toll-free at 800-529-4004 or complete our online form to set up a free consultation with one of our personal injury lawyers. NST is the way to go.

Our Jonesboro Location

Jonesboro Office
317 Southwest Drive Suite B
Jonesboro, AR 72401
Phone: 870-931-0500

free consultation

Call 24/7 | Home & hospital visits available

Car Accident Compensation
Types of Car Accidents
Frequently Asked Questions