Car Accident Lawyers
Jonesboro car accidents commonly lead to high medical bills and health issues for the victims. The Jonesboro personal injury attorneys at NST Law work with car accident victims to help them gain compensation when a negligent driver causes injury.
Table Of Contents
- Car Accidents an Ongoing Issue for Jonesboro Residents
- Dangerous Intersections in Jonesboro
- How a Jonesboro Car Accident Lawyer Can Help You Recover Damages
- Jonesboro Car Accident Settlements and Verdicts
- How much time do you have to take action over a Jonesboro car accident?
- How much compensation can you receive after a car accident?
- How do you prove the other driver is responsible for a Jonesboro car accident?
- How Will Arkansas’s Fault Laws Affect My Car Accident Lawsuit?
- What if I Was Partially at Fault for the Accident?
- When should you contact a car accident lawyer?
- How much does a Jonesboro car accident lawyer cost?
- What Can Our Car Accident Attorneys Do for You?
- Why Choose Our Jonesboro Car Accident Lawyers at NST Law?
Car Accidents an Ongoing Issue for Jonesboro Residents
Traffic data from Craighead County shows that the car accident rate in 2021 reached a five-year high in Jonesboro and the surrounding areas.
The numbers also confirm what Jonesboro drivers already know from experience—the worst intersection in Jonesboro is the one at Highland Drive and Martin Luther King Jr. Drive (still often referred to by locals as Commerce Drive).
Speeding commuters eager to avoid the lengthy red light have long been the cause of fatal accidents and serious injuries at the busy intersection. In January 2022, the intersection speed limit was reduced from 60 mph to 45 mph, but that hasn’t stopped the significant accident rate.
Dangerous Intersections in Jonesboro
Highland Drive and MLK Drive are by no means the only dangerous intersections in Jonesboro. Other areas singled out by data from the Northeast Arkansas Regional Transportation and Planning Commission include sections of:
- Johnson Avenue
- Red Wolf Boulevard
- Craighead Road 905
- North Church Street
- Harrisburg Road
- The Interstate 555 exit ramp at Bay
The significant number of car accident problem areas in and around Jonesboro indicate a much bigger issue—the long-term consequences that a sudden car accident brings for a victim. A Jonesboro car accident happens in an instant, but the subsequent injuries and medical bills can follow the drivers involved for a lifetime.
How a Jonesboro Car Accident Lawyer Can Help You Recover Damages
When another driver crashes into you, they can be held financially responsible for the injury they cause. Gaining compensation is a particularly important concern when an accident leaves you with significant medical bills, drastically alters the state of your health or leaves you unable to return to work.
You need an experienced car accident attorney to protect your rights if you hope to gain the financial amount you deserve. A Jonesboro car accident attorney may work to build your case in many different ways. These include:
- Identifying past and future medical costs and lost wages
- Collecting evidence of injury related to the accident
- Completing legal and insurance paperwork
- Negotiating with insurance companies on your behalf
- Representing you in court if litigation is necessary
If you don’t have an attorney working to prove the other driver’s negligence and collecting evidence to support your claims, you risk losing the chance for compensation or walking away with a much lower amount than you’re eligible for.
Jonesboro Car Accident Settlements and Verdicts
Our team of experienced car accident lawyers has helped our clients recover millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts. Some of our recent cases include:
- $1.5 million settlement for an elderly couple involved in a devastating car wreck that left the husband with debilitating injuries, including a traumatic brain injury that led to his death. We worked tirelessly to fight for the surviving wife’s rights and help her receive a $1,500,000 settlement.
- $1.3 million settlement for a twenty-one-year-old woman who suffered blunt abdominal trauma while seven months pregnant when she was involved in a head-on car accident.
- $6.3 million settlement for the surviving family members of a 65-year-old man who was driving his pickup truck eastbound on an Arkansas interstate when an 18-wheeler violently struck his truck. After extensive medical care, the man suffocated while eating due to tracheal stenosis, which was a condition the crash caused.
No matter what type of accident you are involved in, we will vigorously fight for your rights to receive the financial compensation you deserve.
Do I Need to Fill Out the Arkansas Motor Vehicle Accident Report (SR-1) After an Accident?
SR-1 is an official form that every driver involved in a motor vehicle accident must file if there are damages or injuries in excess of $1,000 or if anyone dies in an accident. The driver(s) must file this form within thirty days of the accident.
You can find the Arkansas Motor Vehicle Accident Report form here.
How much time do you have to take action over a Jonesboro car accident?
The state of Arkansas has a three-year statute of limitations for taking legal action over an injury caused by a car accident. One mistake car accident victims often make is waiting to contact a lawyer.
A Jonesboro car accident lawyer has a substantial amount of work to do to build your case. Once they have the evidence to support your claims, they must undergo negotiations with the insurance companies. Taking legal action only happens if negotiation is ineffective, and it can take a while to get to that point.
It’s always safer to speak with an attorney immediately. A failure to do so can cause you to miss the window of time allowed by the statute of limitations.
How much compensation can you receive after a car accident?
Compensation for a Jonesboro car accident should adequately cover the losses caused by the accident. When an accident leads to serious injury, you can expect the compensation to be much higher than in a case involving minor injuries. You can pursue financial compensation for costs including:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages and benefits
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced quality of life
Arkansas places no cap on the compensatory damages available in a personal injury case. As a result, the attorneys at NST Law often see car accident cases resolved with compensation values that reach six and seven figures.
How do you prove the other driver is responsible for a Jonesboro car accident?
Proving the other driver was at fault is a large part of why you need to work with a Jonesboro car accident lawyer. The legal requirement of proving liability for a car accident depends on four factors:
- Duty: The other driver had a duty of care
- Breach: That duty of care was somehow breached
- Harm: Harm was the direct result of the breached duty of care
- Proof: There is evidence showing the damages stemming from the breach
Your attorney will rely on accident reports, witness testimony and possibly the input of accident reconstruction. It’s important to protect yourself after a car accident by never admitting fault, apologizing or speaking to an insurance company without representation.
How Will Arkansas's Fault Laws Affect My Car Accident Lawsuit?
In Arkansas, the person liable for the accident is also responsible for the injuries and damages they caused, known as comparative fault. However, Arkansas is one of six states that also have “add on no-fault laws” that allow you to buy your own Personal Injury Protection insurance to cater for medical expenses, wage loss, death benefits, and other related expenses, no matter who is at fault for the accident.
Lastly, Arkansas State allows you to file a personal injury lawsuit against the offender or “at-fault” driver without restriction.
What if I Was Partially at Fault for the Accident?
If you are partially at fault, you will not lose all the compensation you are entitled to. However, the amount will be reduced by your percentage of fault in the accident.
Nonetheless, if you purchased Personal Injury Protection, you may be able to receive compensation to cover medical costs, death benefits, and wage loss, regardless of whether or not you were at fault.
When should you contact a car accident lawyer?
It’s crucial to begin working with an attorney as soon as possible after the accident.
It takes an attorney time to compile evidence, build a case and attempt insurance negotiations, all of which must take place before legal action is initiated.
An attorney will protect you from making incriminating statements to an insurance company. It also helps your case when a lawyer has access to police evidence and witnesses while the accident is still recent.
How much does a Jonesboro car accident lawyer cost?
The Jonesboro car accident attorneys at NST Law work with clients on a contingency basis. This allows car accident victims to take immediate action, regardless of their current financial situation. A contingency payment comes directly out of the final compensation value awarded and is only owed if your lawyer wins your case.
What Can Our Car Accident Attorneys Do for You?
Auto accidents can lead to severe injuries. It can be challenging recovering from your injuries while also pursuing a legal claim. While you might think of handling the proceedings yourself, hiring a car accident attorney can be more helpful than you think.
We can help our clients:
- Gather evidence to prove liability. We help our clients obtain footage from the scene, police reports, expert testimonies, photos, and witness statements to build a strong case. We also help them gather all evidence of medical treatment, receipts for medical bills, and evidence to support their non-economic damages, such as pain and suffering.
- Negotiate with insurance companies and the other party. We communicate and negotiate with the at-fault driver’s insurance firm on your behalf. We do so that you can focus on healing from any injuries you may have sustained.
- Ensure you receive a fair settlement offer. After an auto accident, your life may never be the same again. You may not be able to go back to full-time work, and that might affect your independence. We take this and other factors into consideration. We use various factors to determine what your claim is worth.
Why Choose Our Jonesboro Car Accident Lawyers at NST Law?
NST Law is a nationally-recognized personal injury firm. Since 1990, we’ve recovered over $2 billion for our clients. Our firm has been featured by many local and national news outlets, and we hold a long list of awards and distinctions.
We pride ourselves on streamlining the legal process for our clients by offering 24/7 support and predictable legal fees.
NST Law case results and client testimonials show that we excel at our mission of recovering fair compensation for those injured through the negligence of others. Our legal team is available to help with all types of Jonesboro personal injury cases, including those related to car accidents.
NST Law offers free, no-obligation consultations for clients interested in learning about what compensation may be available to them after a Jonesboro car accident. The time to take action after an accident is limited, and success often depends on involving a lawyer from the start of your case.
Contact NST Law to learn more about how you can gain compensation for your injuries after a car accident in Jonesboro.